Skip to main content

Zahir Raihan was one of the most talented film makers in Bangladesh.

Zahir Raihan was one of the most talented film makers in Bangladesh. He was born on 19 August 1935 in the village Majupur in Feni district. He was an active worker of the Language Movement. He was one of the ten students to go out in a procession on 21 February 1952 despite a ban on such activities imposed by the authorities. As a result, he and many others were arrested and taken to prison. Raihan was also present at the historical meeting of Amtala on 21 February 1952. He also took part in the mass movement in 1969. In 1971, he joined the Liberation War.

All through his life, Zahir Raihan dreamt of a democratic society, a society that would ensure freedom of speech. He had many dreams about our film industry too. He made a legendary film Jibon Theke Neya based on the Language Movement of 1952. It was a protest against the autocratic government then ruling our country. The family portrayed in that film symbolically represented East Pakistan. The family was ruled by an autocrat who had to go to prison for her conspiracy. During the Liberation War in 1971, this film was shown outside Bangladesh. Celebrated film makers like Satyajit Ray, Mrinal Sen, and Ritwik Ghatak appreciated the film. Raihan gave all the money the film made to the Freedom Fighters' trust. Besides his great documentary on Pakistani atrocities, Stop Genocide, helped create world sentiment in favour of our liberation war.


On 30 December 1971, someone informed Raihan about an address somewhere at Mirpur, where he might find his brother, the famous writer Shahidullah Kaiser, who had gone missing from 14 December 1971. Kaiser was captured and killed by the Pakistani army and the local collaborators during the last days of the war. Accordingly, Raihan left home to get his brother back but he never returned.

Zahir Raihan's dream was fulfilled. But it's a pity that this dreamer could not live to see his dream come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY Reviews

 1.  Mulla Enterprise ⭐ Review 1 “Amazing experience working with Mullah Enterprise! Their communication was clear from the beginning, and they delivered exactly what they promised. I really appreciated the professionalism and timely updates. Highly recommended for anyone looking for reliable service!” ⭐ Review 2 “I rarely leave reviews, but Mullah Enterprise truly deserves one. They handled everything smoothly and answered all my questions patiently. The quality of their work is excellent, and you can tell they really care about customer satisfaction. I’ll definitely come back again!” ⭐ Review 3 “From the first conversation to the final delivery, the whole process felt easy and stress-free. Mullah Enterprise has a great team — honest, responsive, and very knowledgeable. I’m super happy with the result. Keep up the great work!” ⭐ Review 4 “I had a wonderful experience! The service was fast, friendly, and exactly what I needed. What impressed me most was their attention to ...

Google ads conversion with buyer

1)  Client (Buyer): Hi! I run a fashion business, and I’m planning to launch Google Ads to promote my new three-piece collection. Do you run Google Ads campaigns? "Sure, I can help you with that! I have experience in running Google Ads campaigns, particularly for fashion businesses. I can create targeted ads to boost your three-piece collection and bring more visitors to your store. Could you please share your website or tell me your campaign goals?"  2)  Client (Buyer): Thanks! My main goal is to increase sales and bring more traffic to my website. I want to target women aged 20–40 in Dhaka. Can you also suggest the best type of ad for this? "For your goal, I recommend using Google Search Ads. These ads appear when people actively search for products like yours — such as 'three-piece for women in Dhaka.' It’s a great way to target potential buyers who are already interested in your product. I’ll also help you choose the right keywords and write compelling ad co...

26 March, our Independence Day

  26 March, our Independence Day, is the one of the most important state festival. The day is celebrated every year in the country with great enthusiasm and fervour. It is a national holiday. All offices, educational institutions, shops and factories remain closed on this day. The day begins with a 31 gun salute. Early in the morning the President and the Prime Minister, on behalf of the nation place floral wreaths at the National Mausoleum at Savar. Then other leaders, political parties, diplomats, social and cultural organisations, educational institutions and freedom fighters pay homage to the martyrs. People from all walks of life also go there in rallies and processions. There are many cultural programmes throughout the day, highlighting the heroic struggle and sacrifice in 1971. In Bangabandhu National Stadium, school children, scouts and girl guides take part in various displays to entertain thousands of spectators. Educational institutions also organise their individual pro...